Saturday, August 28, 2010

Mengapa saya cakap bahasa rojak ?

http://lawak2u.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/bahasa-rojak.jpg?w=510&h=306

Gambar : en. Google punya




There might be someone or 'many' one out there been questioning why am I using 'bahasa rojak' in writing blog? Eventhough I may say 90% of my posts are written in English, but yes I admit that the rest is BM. Why?
Love it or hate it, "bahasa rojak" is the de facto national language of Malaysia. Most Malaysians will never speak true Malay, English, Mandarin or Tamil to one another. Instead, we will always communicate in that pidgin language we have grown to simultaneously hate and love — bahasa rojak.

Purists have always and will always denounce bahasa rojak as a crude and vile mixture of several different languages. Instead of adhering to the rigidly set rules of grammar for Malay, or to the age-old conventions of English, bahasa rojak has developed a style of its own that can be greatly dissatisfying for the language purist. After all, bahasa rojak is neither here nor there, mixing all sorts of languages (but mainly Malay and English) into a colourful palette of diversity.
...

Now, what constitutes bahasa rojak? There are probably a lot of different definitions, but I prefer to keep mine simple. I define bahasa rojak as any mixture of Malaysian languages that does not adhere to the rules of any of these languages and is intelligible for most of the population. Thus, Manglish falls under bahasa rojak — as just one example.

After all, consider just how much we use this language on a daily basis in our casual affairs. Bahasa rojak has a practical monopoly on our mouths.

...

If you are the type who is inclined against bahasa rojak, this is also beneficial because it encourages inter-ethnic bonding without introducing an odd pidgin language. By making Chinese and Tamil classes available to all Malaysians, we will be able to raise the level of understanding between the different communities and cultures.

I think, however, that bahasa rojak itself will not die out. It has found its niche in the mamak shops and in the hearts and minds of Malaysians, and there will it remain. There is no more true sign of one's Malaysian-ness than being able to order roti canai at the mamak, and there is but one language to use in such a situation: bahasa rojak.

I, for one, welcome our new grammatically incorrect overlords.
Taken from http://www.infernalramblings.com/articles/Malaysian_Society/183/
Aren't people hate people who speak 'bahasa rojak'? Are you?
Back to the question, "why I write in 'bahasa rojak'?

1st reason is that I'm not really good in English and I wish to fluent my language skill.
2nd reason is that I only got A- in LAN BM, short to say, I'm not that perfect in speaking BM.
3rd reason is that my surrounding speak in 'bahasa rojak' as well sometimes, so I get used to it.

I would like to apologize to anyone that feel uncomfortable in reading my 'bahasa rojak' post. So sorry... For me this is the best way I can do to make my blog readers understand my writing. Mintak maaf banyak2 yer...

*harap2 bulan puasa dimaafkan...*



4 comments:

suka baca blog yang lebih kurang rojak la..
sbb kadang2 nampak lebih original..

kak....saya LIKE baca blog you!!!...bahasa rojak kita same-same la...kikiki
jgn marah kak...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers