Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Movie Review : Adele: Rise Of The Mummy



I just watched Adele: The Rise of Mummy. More story of the outing is HERE.

One first thing I can commented on is: I was mistakenly thought that this movie is a sequel from The Mummy (Hollywood). But IT IS NOT. It is in fact a movie from France and has been dubbed into English (I can see the movement of the lips are different with the dialog).

So, as I googled, this movie is known as “The Extraordinary Adventure of Adele Blanc-Sec” and adapted from a comic adventure series written and illustrated by French comics artist Jacques Tardi. And the title has changed to Adele: The Rise of the Mummy, I guess it is for marketing gimmick, to mislead people. Well whatever it is, I will begin reviewing this movie.

TITLE DOES NOT SAY IT ALL.
Yes, this is all not about Mummy. The most important thing of the movie is Adelle. Her adventure, her effort to bring her sister come to life again, in short... it is her journey.

Well, this movie will be so disappointing for people that hoping for much from the sequel of The Mummy. But i don't really that fanatic to the Mummy, so I still find this movie quite entertaining. Especially when you know that this movie is basically A COMEDY. Seriously. You'll find lots of comedy (even mummy can do some comedies) scene inside it.

Story is good. Not that slow. But the plot a bit complicated. Got so many jump scenes (probably censored). No artist familiar to me, but seriously the main character is sooo pretty and I like her (if it's not her playing, it will be so boring). I like her act. Here's her:

 

For your info, this is the original poster of the movie back in French before they changed the title.

 

So here's how I'm gonna rate it. Still ok. I'm not saying it is a very good movie, the rate is below 8.
But if you don;t have anything to do, watching this movie can be a bit entertaining.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers