Friday, September 17, 2010

Huge Black Hole at Guatemala

This phenomenon has appeared few months ago but I just recall it and wanted to share with you all.

Above pictures were taken on June 2010 at Guatemala after a 200ft deep sink hole swallowed up a three-storey building in the city. When I first saw the pictures I thought, "Oh, my God, this couldn't be real." I almost can't believeof what I saw. It is damn scary... I just can't imagine myself standing on the street when the tragic land slope occured. I'll be dead by now and won't be typing this :( Look at the hole, extremely deep and huge!  

What is it actually? Well, I googled what geologists have said:
- it appeared because of torrential rain and mudslides during Tropical Storm Agatha. During the storm, there were high winds with heavy rain and deadly mudslides.
- it caused by rainwater gradually eating away at porous rock such as limestone below the surface, weakening it, and creating a honeycomb of caverns and caves which can become packed with mud. Floodwater may have flushed away that mud - leading everything above it to collapse.


 
Is it really a scientific-explained eruption? Or a way to remind us of our God, Allah? Thank God it is not happening in our place, our country, our region, our Asia. But nobody knows what God's next will... 

Our destiny is just a matter of time. Hope we all can learn from what we all see in the world. Take the positive side for every event happened to make us a better person... Amin...

About the huge giant hole, Wallahu alam...

0 comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers