Saturday, December 18, 2010

Air Asia vs KLM? Well...


Normally, I checked in my flight 24 hours before departing date. But this morning suddenly got email from KLM and they said I can check in now. So, in order to get my preferable seat on flight, I straight away checked in. But so sad, 90% seats has been taken. And I only find one row 3-seater for me, mom, and my brother... But all nearby the aisle, not the window...

Here's the seat plan I took and edited from Google:

I highlighted 3 seats we are going to occupy on the flight.
And here's what we going to have on flight:

TV and latest blockbuster movies for different category of age in every seat.

The food on board. For FREE!
Look at the cake on the right, it's my favourite!!!
Seriously sedap!
That's one thing I always missed about KLM, the cake!

And one more thing, BAGGAGE!
They allow up to 23kg baggage and 12kg for hand carry.
Unlike Air Asia, only 15kg baggage (only if you buy) then 7kg for hand luggage.


So, some people asking me why this time I took KLM?
Isn't that expensive?
Kan Ms Red Ribbon sangat2 concern on budget?
Why not taking Air Asia instead?

Ok... Like this...
TRUST ME THAT MANY TIMES KLM CAN BE SO MUCH CHEAPER THAN AIR ASIA

I support Ais Asia so much, to be honest.
They've been providing us very affordable flight.
I won't doubt it.
I'm a user of Air Asia too.
But before the low-cost promotion of Air Asia was out,
I'm a BIG FAN OF KLM.

I can't tell you how's the difference of the fare, but I have some experiences that force me to just choose KLM instead of Air Asia, like this time...

I checked Air Asia for flight 19 December 2010, return mid of January 2011:
RM 420 in total

I checked KLM for flight 19 December 2010, return mid of January 2011:
RM 370 in total
Plus, you will get all nice facilities on board. Unlike Air Asia, food you have to pay. And there are no entertainment whatsoever on board.
Even last time I went to Jakarta with friends, few months ago, I managed to get RM 300 (return tickets tau) by KLM. So cheap, rite??



So yea, I managed to check in online. So I will have only go to DROP BAGGAGE counter tomoro :)

Pictures without RRB watermark, taken from Google...

2 comments:

i never thought KLM would be cheaper than AirAsia.. well, it's good to check other Airlines as well sometimes :)

yup, try to check KLM's fare also whenever you travel from KL to Jakarta :)

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers