Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Food Review: BEIRUT LEBANON RESTAURANT


Holla,
So this is my second food review on my Raya 'balik kampong' mood. I went to this restaurant on a night before Raya actually, so it is consider my last buka puasa with my family. I didn't pick the place, it was my elder brother choosing the venue, because that day was special for him. He just got a new job 3-4 months ago and that night was the first night he had a chance to buys us dinner...

We went to this Arabic/Lebanese cuisine restaurant at Jalan Sabang (Thamrin area) Central Jakarta, Indonesia. For your first visit, you  might not notice the restaurant. It is on a shoplot, secondfloor, right above tour and travel agency and money changer.A black neon sign will lead you to small door and stairs to second floor...


BEIRUT LEBANON RESTAURANT

 The interior design of the restaurant. Macam dalam kerajaan Arab :)

First of all, the place is not that big, I can say that the place is quite private and a perfect place to have like birthday, reunion, or big family dinner here. That day was the last day of Ramadhan and they are going to close for few days on Syawal. So, some menu is out of stock already and there're only few visitors having buka puasa there (even kurma also finished, haaaa)

But nevermind, I rarely taste Arabian food. I remember last time I had one was at TARBUSH Sunway Pyramid at press launch of Lagenda TV3 "Ali Din" Drama Series few years ago. And my reception towards the food wasn't good. That's why I never dare entering any similar restaurant ever since and my concern is more towards FOOD TASTE.

Now, let's try taste it again:

Here's the menu booklet. Was unfamiliar with food's name but I just wanted to order anything with lamb and rice (buka puasa time and I was so hungry)


My Sister ordered this, grilled lamb with seledri leaves and fries and Arab mayo.

Mom's. Grilled lamb with acar and dates' rice.


Mine... some kind of lamb curry soup plus dates' rice

  The rice. Seriously tasty! No joke!

Overall, the food are nice, totally different with what I had at Tarbush. I can say that my tongue still can accept the food, which is good for me. Because sometimes I can't stand the 'pelik' taste of Arab food. But this one is nice, don't worry...

As usual, berGEDIK kejap...

 Asyik je bergambar2, feels like at home...
Busy Jalan Sabang's view from the window....

Stairs to 2nd floor


Take pictures downstairs...:)

OVERALL I GIVE RATING : 7.5/10



BEIRUT LEBANON RESTAURANT
Jl. H. Agus Salim No. 57 Jakarta Pusat
Sabang

Tel. (62 21) 3193 8147




3 comments:

yank....Selamat Hari Raya.....jmputla dtg umah tau...anything..juz give a call...ada kan no hp i...luv u!

great raya food,haha 1malaysia, i also love raya cos of the holidays + bazaar =P

holiday fun and luxurious places to eat

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers