Thursday, December 8, 2011

Movie Review: PETALING STREET WARRIORS


Assalamualaikum bloggers and movie lovers...

It started out few weeks ago when me, hubby, and friends watched Tin Tin at MBO.
Saw this movie poster at the cinema:


Fuyooohhh, Petaling Street pon ada warriors?
All I know the place is packed with fake-branded-stuffs-sellers, including those pirate DVD sellers and samseng2... Plus... tourists, of course...
Me and hubby looked each other, "I think we have to watch this movie sometime." I sorta know what he wanted to say coz that's what I felt too :)

Tin Tin, even with all promises I made to myself that I would write one review for it coz me and hubby love the movie so much, failed to write one.
So, here goes, 
PETALING STREET WARRIORS REVIEW :)

That day, was a boring day at home, and suddenly planned for a movie trip to Alamanda, Putrajaya with hubby...
Sunday afternoon, every cinema must be full with families, couples, everyone who willing to spend the weekend watching movie.
It was a big mistake by planning to buy the ticket on the spot.
Movie target: PUSS IN BOOTS (we do love cats so much, that's the reason)
As expected: fullybooked... unless you want to wait until 10ish pm... :(
Second option: well, okay... HAPPY FEET 2 ; fullybooked too.
Third option: trying not to watch OMBAK RINDU coz I'm not really into love-drama-movies, besides, everybody talks about it already, I just want to watch something different. Yes, why not PETALING STREET WARRIORS!

First thing first, I wanted to highlight that the hall was quite empty, only like around 20 seats filled while you know Hollywood movies one was all full house, huff...

Does that means the movie is crap???
Noooo....
As expected, THIS MOVIE IS FUNNY!!!
Hubby told me if we both know mandarin, we probably ended up VERY LOL like other Chinese viewers inside the hall, we seemed the only Malay (if I can addressed myself as a Malay, coz I can't speak Mandarin as well hehe) couple inside.

So, in short, this movie:

Release Date: 01 December 2011
Language: Mandarin
Subtitle: Info Not Available
Genre: Action / Comedy
Running Time: 1 Hour 46 Minutes
Director: James Lee
Cast: Mark Lee, Yeo Yann Yann, Namewee, Chris Tong

Set in Petaling Street in 1908, it tells of a hokkien mee seller (Mark Lee) who finds himself entangled in deadly battles with skilled fighters. Little did he know that he is in possession of a lost treasure map linked to the Qing Dynasty and must refrain himself from consummating his marriage to master the "Virgin Kung Fu" skills to overcome his opponents.

(Source: GSC Movies)



The warriors, and the funny maharaja at the back :)


Oh, I saw Namawee!
After seeing him on Nasi Lemak 2.0 (again, I didn't write any review for it, uppss sorry) I began to like his slamba action.

  
The setting...


When I saw the first 5 minutes of this movie, what I can recall is that, the quality of the film is superb.
I like the setting, feels like I'm watching Hong Kong historical movie.
(is Petaling Street really looks like that hundred years back?)
The impressive feeling goes on to the effect and fighting scene.
Seriously cool, beb! Fighting scene macam betul2 tengok film Kung Fu Mandarin (not that I'm not trusting local cineas, it's just too awesome, jarang2 kan tengok local fighting scene looks so real and full of action)


Especially this scene, ahaha... The Kung Fu wife pon sidai baju ala2 kung fu master, very inspiring to all housewifes out there :P


I found that the jokes are very light, not heavy, but yet when those jokes came out from those actors, it looks so pure and make me laugh.
Despite of all 'politic messages' behind those jokes... I won't touch that part since I'm not eligible to commenting on that. But just enjoy it, don't think too hard :)
Ending part is quite looks 'main2' but hey, probably this movie is meant to be like that.
I'm not satisfied with how easy the enemy beaten by the warriors, and the 'maharaja chop', where it is? I thought it was the first important thing that everyone wants at the beginning of the movie.

I'm not saying it's THE BEST MANDARIN ACTION COMEDY MOVIE.
But it do cheer my Sunday afternoon a lot :)
And I never regret watching it that day...




twitstamp.com

1 comments:

best kan. hahaha i pegi gala premiere :p

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers