Saturday, November 27, 2010

Food Review : Penang Village, TTDI

It's been a while I didn't update the plan of my family and Mr Red Ribbon's family meeting.
We still working on it. It's just, last weekend my family was busy with my cousin's wedding at Jakarta.
So I will write about it again soon and post it here.

So for the family meeting, one of suggestion I received from my friend is Penang Village.
Me and Mr Red Ribbon went to one of the branch in Taman Tun Dr Ismail.


To be honest, I quite heard couple of times about this restaurant. So I can say that this restaurant quite famous among Malaysian (well, maybe among my friends, hehe). When my friend proposed it to me, I straight away Googled it. If you want to see their website, click HERE. The price is quite out of my budget, but I saw Pennag Village IOI Mall Puchong is having long-term promotion for group package. But only for that branch.

So now I'm only talking about the one at TTDI.
First impression is, it's at the shoplot, one of the most busy business complex in TTDI (in fact, all shoplots in TTDI looks busy, hehe). And they have insufficient car park bays. Normally, if I go that area during working hours or peak time, I won't get any parking and ended up getting saman when I park at the side of the road even only for few minutes :( Luckily, when I visited Penang Village that nite, it was quarter to 10pm. I just went back from watching movie at One Utama. So we had our late dinner there.

 

This is some of the menu, they still have a lot more. But most of them are local cuisine. 
Click if to enlarge.


This was what Mr Red Ribbon have that nite.
Like the taste! And the oval plate was soooo huge!


This is what I had. Nasi goreng. And taste NICE!

The interior of the restaurant. Nice for meeting, gathering, or reunion.
Especially for resident of TTDI or Damansara
Coz it's just nearby.


There's more space at the back, quite private and perfect for birthday celebration.

I just have to give a bit comment on THIS Penang Village BRANCH:
As the building is quite old and the place is surrounded by shoplots, offices, mamaks, other restaurant, I can smell something weird. That's the most sopan word la. But maybe only that day when I went there, I don't know. My suggestion is to do more cleaning and hygiene renovation on the premise.

Overall, 
FOOD 8.5/10 
SERVICE 9/10
CLEANLINESS 8/10 (Clean but... I can smell old building)

0 comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers