Monday, August 30, 2010

Hate but love my previous job.


 Good memories

Well, I've promised myself, many times, that I will never ever work at TV/movie production line anymore. Despite of my experiences on the field at Malaysia, here I am at Singapore, trying to find other new working environment which is definitely I've never been into before. But still, I'm having a sort of dilemma in deciding what is good and what is best for me...

My previous working experiences are:

- Radio: broadcaster, assistant audio director.
- TV: production manager, production assistant, line producer for TV series.
- Event: roadshows crew.
- Graphic Designer.
- Personal assistant (in entertainment line)

Now I wish to try my luck to be:

- Customer service.
- Business Development Executive.
- Admin job.
- Anything that I couldn't think of rite now.

I know that experiences are mostly on TV, media, and entertainment line. But I really wish to get out of it. And that was one of the reason why I left my job. Well for me the job are quite interesting and fun but the reason why I HAVE TO not liking it becos:

- Working is like 24/7, you will never know when is day when is nite. And there will be no weekdays on weekends, for sure.
- Always stand by at any time. You will never know when you will get a call from your boss, even when you are outstation/oversea for your holidays (that actually has been approved by your boss, but then you have to come back immediately for working coz of certain URGENT and DEADLINE work)
- And oh well, by doing working like that you will never got a chance to have boyfriend, you will be superbusy as WONDER WOMAN.
- Socialize is important, therefore, lepaking every nite after work are very important for your image/relationship with clients. That will burn your wallet for sure... And your health... And not enough sleep every nite.
- Yes, doing graphic design thingy will also force to keep you up every nite. And that is not healthy!
- You have to live your life in some kind of form of a 'white liar' when you have to keep your environment's reputation. Telling good thing to people when the truth is actually not. Just to win people's heart and to win projects as well.
- One of most things I didn't like is THERE WILL BE NO OVERTIME FEE!
- Many more to go...

That is a kind of job that we should avoid as a woman. Especially when you are married and have children. Be aware that you won't have enough time for your family. And that has proven by me... Really couldn't think of having any BF then everything in my life is work work work, never had a chance balik kampung to see my family, and so on...

my first FTV project: Mama Dot Net

But suddenly after few days in Singapore, I feel like I want to keep working on that field, coz I like it and that's where I should be. That's my soul and it has been running in my blood...  I love travelling, I love meeting new people, I love to be very busy, I love exploring the world. And I couldn't turn my head of it... And many job interviewers said that I should belong to Malaysia coz those opportunities that related most to my career and experiences will be at Malaysia.

And this time I really missing my friends, my colleagues, and my life before... Hoping to get back to KL soon, wanna meet my old friends there for buka puasa together...
About what kind of job I should take, that I still confuse :(


this picture was taken during my THIRD DAY working in TV production/event line... 

Anyone want to hire me??? ~ngeee... hehe...




2 comments:

uiisshh..susah rupanye eh keje mcm nih...xsanggup!!..
xpe kak....rezeki ada dimana2...berdoa eh..moga Allah tunjukkan yg terbaekk!!

tu laaa penat. tapi nak try other job cam malas juga, kne start from scratch...

thanks dah bagi doa... hope ada rezeki yang lagi bagus :)

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers