Sunday, August 14, 2011

My fav comics when I was kid. How's yours?

What's your favourite comic book when you were a child?
I think mine will be slightly different with yours, kawan2 kat Msia.
Coz when I told Mr Red Ribbon what's mine, he was a bit don't know of what kind of comic I was talking about...

I'm talking about my childhood on my 4-9 years old age.
Was still young and these comics helped me a lot in exploring my new world as a child, and also learn to read :)

THE ADVENTURE OF TINTIN


The Adventures of Tintin (Les Aventures de Tintin) is a series of classic comic books created by the Belgian artist Georges Rémi (1907–1983), who wrote under the pen name of Hergé. The series is one of the most popular European comics of the 20th century, with translations published in more than 80 languages and more than 350 million copies of the books sold to date. Its popularity around the world has been attributed to its "universal appeal" and its ability to transcend "time, language and culture."
(Wikipedia)
I always feel in love with detective stories since I was very young.
Love it love it til one day when I was 9 or something I started my detective gang, 3 young kids in a group and try to solves mysteries at school hahaha... Will talk about it later...

The story of this young man with his dog is a very adventurous and danger story.
What I like was that Tin tin always traveled throughout the world during his journey, so I get to know many cultures from different countries from the comic.
Even he ever stopped by at Jakarta:


Tin tin cartoon series was on TV when I was teenager, around 17 years old aged.
Now is not on TV anymore.
How I wish I could watch the series again or read the comic again.
Oh btw, here's Tin tin and his dog, Snowy:


Orait, NEXT!!!


ASTERIX & OBELIX


Asterix or The Adventures of Asterix (French: Astérix or Astérix le Gaulois, IPA: [asteʁiks lə ɡolwa]) is a series of French comic books written by René Goscinny and illustrated by Albert Uderzo (Uderzo also took over the job of writing the series after the death of Goscinny in 1977). The series first appeared in French in the magazine Pilote on October 29, 1959. As of 2009, 34 comic books in the series have been released.
The series follows the exploits of a village of ancient Gauls as they resist Roman occupation. They do so by means of a magic potion, brewed by their druid, which gives the recipient superhuman strength. The protagonist, the titular character, Asterix, along with his friend Obelix have various adventures. The "ix" suffix of both names echoes the name of Vercingetorix, a historical Gaul chieftain. In many cases, the stories have them travel to various countries around the world, though other books are set in and around their village. For much of the history of the series (Volumes 4 through 29), settings in Gaul and abroad alternated, with even-numbered volumes set abroad and odd-numbered volumes set in Gaul, mostly in the village.
(Wikipedia)


Few movies have released...
Here's one of them:

 2001, watched it that year...

I love the story, so funny, especially Asterix, and the lazy Obelix hehe...
But they have super power, that's why it's interesting...
And one more thing, from this comic, I get to learn few world history about Roman, Julius Caesar, Cleopatra, and all of them are historically connected.
Even some stories are fiction, just to make it funny, but since young I got to know those famous names from many empires at Europe and Middle East.


LUCKY LUKE


Lucky Luke is a Franco-Belgian comics series created by Belgian cartoonist, Maurice De Bevere better known as Morris, the original artist, and was for one period written by René Goscinny. Set in the American Old West, it stars the titular character, Lucky Luke, the cowboy known to shoot faster than his shadow.
Along with The Adventures of Tintin and Asterix, Lucky Luke is one of the most popular and best-selling comic-book series in continental Europe. Popular in Canada, about half of the series' adventures have been translated into English. Lucky Luke comics have been translated into 23 languages, including many European languages, some African and Asian languages.
(Wikipedia)



I kinda like Lucky Luke, sempoi guy, he was partnered with his horse, I forgot the name.
The 4 penjenayahs on the pic above were his enemy.
And it was his job as a sheriff to catch them (again and again coz they always escape from jail)

By the way, Lucky Luke was on cinema (2010, and I didn't notice it before) was adapted from the comic.
If you want to read more, check imdb HERE.

I love his character, and his luckiness...
He's superb coz he can shoot very fast, even faster tahn his shadow!
 He always lucky, even tho he looks a bit malas/sempoi but he managed to catch all bad guys :)


SMURF

The Smurfs (French: Les Schtroumpfs) is a comic and television franchise centered on a group of small blue fictional creatures called Smurfs, created and first introduced as a series of comic strips by the Belgian cartoonist Peyo (pen name of Pierre Culliford) on October 23, 1958. The original term and the accompanying language came during a meal Peyo was having with his colleague and friend André Franquin in which, having momentarily forgotten the word "salt", Peyo asked him (in French) to pass the schtroumpf. Franquin replied: "Here's the Schtroumpf — when you are done schtroumpfing, schtroumpf it back" and the two spent the rest of that weekend speaking in schtroumpf language.[3] The name was later translated into Dutch as Smurf, which was adopted in English.

Smurf. I must say one of my very favourite!
Such simple yet so vary in characteristics of those smurf.
A simple creation of Smurf language, which using "smurf" on almost every verb.
Always makes me laugh and highly imaginative as a kid.
:)


Lagi satu,

JOHAN AND PIRLOUIT
Johan and Peewit (French: Johan et Pirlouit) is a Belgian comics series created by Peyo. Since its initial appearance in 1947 it has been published in 13 albums that appeared before the death of Peyo in 1992. Thereafter, a team of comic book creators from Studio Peyo continued to publish the stories.

The story was sooo funny.
One prince (the handsome one) and his assistant? Or whatever you called it.
They went to series of adventure in fighting crimes, escaping from demon's power, and try to rescue princess... 
But since both character are funny (especially the assistant), this comic is worth to read.

Btw, they still connected with Smurf, sometimes I saw some smurfs on their stories:


So that's about it...
All my fav comics when I was a kid.
Belum lagi novel tau, when I stepped into my teenagehood, I switched a bit to reading novels.
Tapi dah tua cam sekarang dah malas nak baca buku.
Layan movie je, bole bawa berelax.
Baca buku kekadang penat...

Well, what's your fav comic when you were kid?




twitstamp.com

0 comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers