Saturday, August 14, 2010

Facebook bankrupt?


I came accross a forum post saying that "FACEBOOK IS GOING TO BANKRUPT SOON, JUST AS FRIENDSTER IS." Hrrmm nice title and so I was reading the whole thread. Surprisingly hundreds of responded agree with the statement and they are saying that they began to feel bored of Facebook. Let's see on people say about it:

"We hate it coz new FB has privacy settings, it makes us think that FB is not open anymore."
"Kinda boring, I just log in just to play online games."
"I've deleted my account. Months ago..."

In UK reported that the number of people accessing FB is decreasing but not in significant number. I can say that some of my friends also started to rarely online on their Facebook. Maybe they still, just to checking notifications or yeah, playing online games.


Check out the statistic above...

In my opinion, nowadays, when you named some social-networking platform like MySpace, Friendster, Hi5, Linked-In; I must say that I'm feel save to fall under Facebook. Why? Because most of my friends and family still have FB account. I must admit that everybody seems to chose FB instead of other platform.

Privacy? For me that's not a turn-down. I LOVE PRIVACY SETTING! Why? Facebook is like "US". Us that have friends, best friends, friends that we just knew and haven't trust them yet, have family, family that we don't want them to know how naughty we are, boss and colleagues that we don't want them to know the reason why we didn't come for work (for good reason-of course). That's the use of Privacy Setting. You can't tell everybody the A-Z of you to everybody-even strangers. Imagine now you living in a neighborhood then you go out from the house telling everybody who you are, put banners outside your house displaying your pictures from you wake up until you off to bed. No right? We rather share our private pictures and stories maybe only with our mom or family, or only with closest friends. So PRIVACY SETTING IS STILL IMPORTANT FOR ME and it's one of the reasons I like Facebook.

For me Facebook is actually fun, but of course it is not as fun as before. But yes Facebook keep on improving day by day. But THE MOST IMPORTANT THING FROM FACEBOOK is it becomes a media of staying in touch with people who may be too hard to keep in touch with in any other way. DO YOU KEEP ALL YOUR OLD FRIEND's PHONE NUMBER??? Do you usually say hi and chit chat with your long lost friend while you both is actually miles away and have your own life and family? I bet you don't.

For those who stay far from family, friends, it is a good way platform to keep your beloved one keep in track with any update about you. So as the other way around. And I still feel that benefit to me.

So, how about you?
How much you want to be on it?

0 comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers